Wednesday 6 October 2010

Day 26 – Valley of the Wind


Another early morning (surprise surprise!)... Up at 5.30am to watch sunrise and then driving to the Valley of the Wind. Again, another great place, similar somehow to Ayers Rock but with a different path to visit it, going into four different valleys ending with spectacular images of rock and trees, crossing small creeks with your voice echoing hundreds and hundreds of metres away. It was approximately a three hours hiking, which considering the one I had the day before, resulted in being a tough test for my legs.
We drove back to camp for a quick shower and we packed to go to another campsite which would have been more convenient for our scheduled visit to King’s Canyon the following day.
We arrived around 4.30pm and the afternoon was free at leisure. Australia has the largest number of camels in the world despite what many might think (I obviously thought it was Saudi Arabia). The campsite was equipped with a dozen of camels and also a chopper for those who wished to go for long excursions.
The night was full of stars, and with a clear sky and no moon, I honestly do not remember to have seen so many stars in my life... probably only in the Kruger Park in South Africa six years ago.
That’s how I fell asleep...Counting the stars, like in a very cheesy B- movie. I like it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment