Friday 8 October 2010

Day 36 – Hanmer Springs – Kaikoura - Christchurch


We drove all the way with a four hours stop in the famous town of Kaikoura on the East coast to do some whale watching. Not many whales today, but as always, seals and seagulls were more common than humans. The day was ok without any particular highlights, if not for the fact that finally I managed to find a good internet connection and return in touch with the outside world.
I am back in Christchurch now, in the same room of the same hostel I was the first day. This time I know where the heater is if I will need it! Tomorrow big travelling day and will reach Santiago in 24 hours but I will ‘earn’ a day because I will arrive there the same day I’ll depart from Auckland thanks to the ‘day line’ in the Pacific.
I will probably have dinner with some of the guys of the tour and then head back to the hostel to prepare the last few things. Shuttle bus to airport will be at 8am tomorrow morning so I better be ready.
I leave New Zealand with many beautiful pictures and a wonderful experience in my mind.
Now the big boss is waiting for me: South America!
I am cooooommmiiiinnnnggggg!
TWIMO!

No comments:

Post a Comment