Thursday 30 December 2010

Day 104 - London

... and now I am back.
I am back home.
Everything is exactly the way I left it. Same things, same places, same smells. I am back home and for some strange reason I feel like I have never really left. I am feeling very strange and very tired but also happy to be back. After all, this is my home. I am not yet realizing that I did travel around the world on my own and now I am back. I feel I have to take the map and check where my next destination is, but once again I tell myself I am at home.
This is my final destination.
I am sitting on the floor looking outside the window. It is snowing and everything is quite. When I close my eyes I see thousands of images. Images of people and places.
I need time now. I need time to think and to metabolize everything I went through. It has been an experience that changed me. I know it, I feel it. I am not myself anymore, or at least, I am not anymore the same person that left 4 months ago. I feel that something has changed inside; changed in a better direction. There is so much beauty and poverty in the world, so much joy and so much pain. But it is a wonderful world and after all, what makes it so beautiful it is us, the people who live in it.  

A journey on my own but never really alone neither with my soul nor with my heart. A journey mostly characterized by all the people I met either just for few moments or even for few days.
People of every social level and every profession. People who in their simplicity have always left me something: a smile, a hug, a memory.
People who have helped me with incredible hospitality and people who have showed me the best way to go, both in this journey and in my life.
Moments filled by their expressions of joy and passion, pain and sorrow, tears and smiles. Expressions which have been my best companions and that in their simplicity have made me realize even more what a lucky man I am.

This journey and this diary are dedicated to all of them.


  

1 comment:

  1. How much better could i have said what you just wrote in your posting??? It is exactly the same feeling for me and i am still not sure if my mind is already back home... even my body sometimes is not sure about everything...shortly after my plane arrived in Vienna and i was picked up, i was asking myself, have i really been away for 13 weeks? Has anything changed? Where are all the wonderful people that changed my view on the world and the view on myself? And yes...what you say about changing the person one has been... THAT is absolutely true. Sometimes it is not easy to tell other people who do not have this experience how it feels like, and where the change exactly led to... but oneself feels it is there.

    We just spent 4 days together in awesome NZ, but already that taught me a lot.... I will never forget who convinced me to jump out of a plane by an unforgetable relieved and most important FREE smile. :)

    So...hope to see you again soon in Vienna or whereever!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete