Sunday 19 December 2010

Day 89 – Foz do Iguazu

The morning started with a long and rewarding breakfast. The day was hot and humid. I prepared my stuff and walked to the bus station. After missing a couple of buses I managed to jump to the right one which was leading me directly to the Brazilian side of the waterfall. I met a nice guy from Naples in the bus and we shared the journey with some good chat about Italy, our journeys and some good personal experiences we had. The Brazilian side was a very good experience, in a way less impressive as first impact than the Argentinean one, but the overview from this side is definitely more clear and overreaching. From this side I had a real and better proportion of the dimension of this incredible natural site. The day was spent with lots of pictures, a good beer and nice chats. I said goodbye to my Italian fellow traveller, and went back to the hostel. I managed again to jump off the bus to find myself in the middle of nowhere in a very doggy place. I entered in a supermarket asking for help. I didn’t really know where I was and I needed good indications on how to get back to the hostel. The woman, who was working there, left the cash asking a colleague to replace her, took her own car and drove me directly to my hostel. Bless her! I have never experience such a friendly and helpful attitude in years and it was such a refreshing experience. She told me that she will never tell her husband and that would have been a little secret between the two of us.
I finally arrived to the hostel with a little smile on my face and a huge hole in my stomach. The night was pleasant, next to the little swimming pool spent to chat with a couple of new travellers in the hostel while uploading pictures and writing few lines of this diary. Tomorrow I will go to the Itaipu Dam and then I will catch the bus to Campo Grande for my 4 days in the Mato Grosso.
TWIMO

No comments:

Post a Comment