Sunday 19 December 2010

Day 88 – Puerto Iguazu & Foz do Iguazu

I woke up in the morning with a great sunshine outside the grey window but the most a big need for a hyper caloric breakfast. The breakfast was good indeed and left the hostel satisfied and ready to kick the day. I left the bag at the hostel and went to the station to catch the bus to the falls. I arrived there around 10am and the tour that I have booked the day before started around 11am. So I had 1 hour to sit on a lovely bench, soak up some sun in a wonderful natural green environment and wait for the guide to pick me up. Other people started to arrive and finally my little group was formed. The tour was based on a small excursion inside the surrounding jungle to then jump into a speed boat and to experience the waterfalls directly at their bottom. The experience with the boat was probably the most exciting one; I also realized how powerful and immense nature can be. I could barely keep my eyes opened, feeling the cold water on my face and hearing the sound of tons and tons of hitting the ground every second. I spent the rest of the day visiting the national park and taking loads of pictures of the waterfalls. The nature all around was incredibly green and lush. I loved it here and despite the huge number of tourists, this is definitely a place worthy visiting. I arrived pretty late back to the hostel with a massive hole in my stomach. I had a pizza in the same restaurant where I ate the night before, collected my bag from the hostel and then jumped into a bus to cross into the Brazilian side. I arrived in Foz do Iguazu late in the evening after have been waiting for the bus at the frontier for more than an hour. The hostel that I chose was a nice place, recommended to me by a Croatian girl that I met in Florianopolis. I spent a nice evening there with the owner, a young boy born and fed in Iguazu. He took me out and we went for a beer and a good dance in a local Samba place with his friends. I got back to the room around 4am; the room was accommodating 12 people but fortunately that night I was alone. I hit the pillow falling asleep in few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment