Sunday 19 December 2010

Day 95 – 101 – Florianopolis

The original plan was to go to Rio directly from Campo Grande by bus. However the situation in Rio is pretty bad at the moment with the police and the military fighting the drug lords all over the streets of the northern part of the city. Despite some people telling me that the situation in the other parts of the city is ok, I thought that probably it wasn’t the best time to go around in Rio. I have to get back there anyway to catch my flight to go back to Europe so I will spend at least the last couple of days to visit the city with obviously the intention one day to go and spend there at least a couple of weeks. So I decided, also pushed by an incredible cheap flight, to go back to Florianopolis and spend few days back to the hostel and the guys there. The flight was at 3am from Campo Grande and I actually didn’t sleep at all if not collapsing once I was on the plane and during the stopover in Sao Paulo. I arrived in Floripa around 9.30am and I went directly to the hostel in Lagoa de Conceicao. Once there I was greeted by pretty much the same people I met last time I was here. I feel particularly at home here, knowing everyday new people. To open the weekend with style we went to a very good club in the city centre. Lots of alcohol and coming back as usual around 5am in the morning was the way the island and my fellow travellers at the hostel gave me their welcome. Days here run away so quickly between a match on the pool table, mornings spent on the seaside or even better on the boat visiting the countless beaches, a samba night and delicious capirinas. My trip must continue though, even more now that I am reaching the very final moments of it. I will travel tonight, Thursday 9th of December, on a night bus, the last bus of this incredible journey. I don’t really want to leave Florianopolis considering how much at home I feel in this place and with the many interesting people I meet here, people like me that come and go from their long journeys. People from every part of the world who become for few days your best friends. The weather wasn’t always great but the entire atmosphere was simply unforgettable.
Goodbye guys, and thanks for sharing together great moments. I will remember these days for a long long time...
And now, the real final step of my journey: Rio de Janeiro
TWIMO!

No comments:

Post a Comment