Sunday 19 December 2010

Day 86 – Posada - Encarnacion

Posada is the Argentinean city on the border with Paraguay. Nothing really happens here if not for many commuters that pass everyday between the 2 countries. My next destination, before going to the Iguazu waterfalls, was to reach the southern part of Paraguay to visit two very famous archaeological sites not too far from the city of Encarnacion, on the other side of the river and in front of Posada. It was already 5pm when I arrived at the border with Paraguay. The border looked fairly unreliable and very underdeveloped compared to the big constructions I was used to in other parts of Argentina and Brazil. I finally left the border after some excruciating bureaucracies to finally hit the town of Encarnacion after 30 minutes. I decided to sleep in a recommended hotel right in front of the bus station and it was a good idea. The hotel, clean and cheap was very convenient and with very helpful and polite owners. I went to the local supermarket, bought some food for the bus, and then walked 10 blocks north to a local, and apparently very famous, sushi restaurant. The food was good and very cheap. Everything in Paraguay is ridiculously cheap compared to the other countries I have visited here in South America. I went back to my room which was extremely small, very basic but with a comfortable and clean bed. I had my alarm at 7am in order to go to Trinidad first and to the town of Jesus immediately after. These sites are now part of the UNESCO world heritage but are probably amongst the ones least visited in the world. This fact makes them extremely interesting because they are not spoiled by a high number of tourists. Tomorrow I will go and visit them myself and check if what they say it is true or not...
TWIMO!

No comments:

Post a Comment